Industry - Supply Planning Supervisor
QUALIFICATIONSWe are looking for a “Supply Planning Supervisor” for our global client in foods/chemicals industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial or Chemical Engineering
- Three (3) years of supply/production planning experience in a manufacturing based environment
- Troubleshooting, decision making and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills
- Demonstrated skills of team building, conflict resolution, innovation and change management
- Demonstrated technical ability with solid troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Strong communication, organization and time management skills
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office and ERP tools
- Customer solutions approach
- General knowledge of production management with ability to develop understanding of plant processes and operational needs
- High levels of organization, communication and documentation skills required to be successful
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience
- Proficient in English
- Provides general oversight and integration of multiple areas in the supply chain such as customer service, supply chain planning, strategic sourcing/procurement, plant operations, and transportation & logistics (i.e. order, plan, source, make and deliver).
- Leads on improvement of supply chain planning practices and procedures.
- Using comprehensive knowledge and full experience, identify areas of improvement and cost management deficiencies in order to create efficient supply chain planning techniques and tools/systems. This position forecasts channel capacity to maximize productivity.
- Oversees, provides general leadership in plant logistics operations (i.e. inbound goods receipt, outbound goods dispatch, warehousing and storage of raw materials and finished goods, weighbridge operations).
- Sponsors the physical conditions and quality improvements of the plant warehouses, loading and unloading facilities and weighbridges.
- Works with logistics development on improving the goods flow in and out of the factory.
- Applies a complete understanding of supply chain practices and procedures to develop and implement the tactical S&OP demand/capacity outlook based on various input sources (e.g. sales orders, forecast, contract position, inventory available, and direct input from sales/demand teams). Assembles this demand/capacity plan, and communicates with the sales organization, plant operations, and/or the supply chain leadership team.
- Monitors and manages capacity of inventory in relation to demand of customer orders and/or forecasts. When needed, modify the original forecast and share with the team. Calculates and sets stock levels and monitors inventory health along with managing the shelf life of the products and raw materials. Coordinates and executes all forecasting processes. Evaluates processes, and partners with stakeholders to explain and refine it.